Greg Steube: A Commitment to Service
A fifth-generation Floridian, Greg Steube has dedicated his life to service. Greg earned his undergraduate and law degrees from the University of Florida, majoring in Beef Cattle Sciences and minoring in Agricultural Law. Upon completing law school, Greg decided to enlist in the U.S. Army after the September 11th attacks.
In the Army, Greg spent one year as a commissioned Airborne Infantry Officer, and three years in the U.S. Army JAG Corps, serving as a Captain with the 25th Infantry Division in Operation Iraqi Freedom.
Greg’s service continued with his election to the State House in 2010, and the State Senate in 2016. In the Florida legislature, Greg used his background in agriculture, law, and the military to build a record of accomplishment and strong defense of conservative principles.
Greg hopes to bring these conservative credentials to Congress, where he is running in District 17. The district covers all of Charlotte, DeSoto, Glades, Hardee, Highlands, and Okeechobee counties, as well parts of Sarasota, Lee, and Polk counties.
Greg lives in Sarasota with his wife, Jennifer, and son, Ethan.
Trusted by the Conservatives YOU Trust.
VETERANS & law enforcement
- Charlotte County Sheriff Bill Prumell
- Highlands County Sheriff Paul Blackman
- Lee County Sheriff Mike Scott
- Hardee County Sheriff Arnold Lanier
- Okeechobee County Sheriff Noel Stephen
- Glades County Sheriff David Hardin
- Florida Police Benevolent Association
- Southwest Florida Chapter FPBA
- "With Honor" Veterans Organization
- Club For Growth
- Family Research Council
- TRUMP Florida Chairwoman Sandra Atkinson
- Florida Family Action President, John Stemberger
- Sarasota County Commissioners Mike Moran, Alan Maio, & Paul Caragiulo
- Charlotte County Commissioners Bill Truex, Joe Tiseo, & Ken Doherty
- Sarasota County Property Appraiser Bill Furst
- Sarasota County Charter Review Board Member Jim Gabbert
- State Attorney Ed Brodsky
- Public Defender Larry Eger
- Charlotte County Clerk of the Court Roger Eaton
- Former State Rep. & Polk County Commissioner Neil Combee
- Former Sarasota County School Board Member Frank Kovach
- Manatee-Sarasota Building Industry Association
Want to get involved? Sign up below and help send a real Conservative to DC!
ON THE issues
- Greg Steube
- Sponsored more pro-gun bills than any member of the Florida legislature.
- Supported and will continue to support the repeal of so-called "gun-free" zones.
- Voted against the gun-control bill passed by the legislature.
- Build the wall. Secure the border.
- Ban Sanctuary Cities and restore the Rule of Law.
- Sponsored Florida's version of "Kate's Law" which would ban dangerous criminals from entering our state.
- Sponsored legislation to repeal Instate Tuition for Illegal Immigrants.
- There is no place for abortion in a civilized society.
- Roe v. Wade is bad law and violates the right to life guaranteed by our Constitution.
- Sponsored the "Pain-Capable Unborn Child Protection Act", which bans abortions in the state of Florida after 20 weeks.
- If we can't take care of our Veterans, we have lost our country.
- Congress needs leaders who will hold the VA accountable and give our vets the care they deserve.
- Sponsored numerous bills that lower taxes and provide a greater quality of life for Florida's veterans.